If you are looking for experienced New Jersey immigration lawyers, you are in the right place. At Curbelo Law we have been serving immigrants in Northern New Jersey and globally for over 10 years.
From our offices, located in Ridgewood and Newark, our experienced Latina immigration attorney, Carolina T. Curbelo, can help you with your case. Contact us right now and let us know your situation.
Table of Contents
The best immigration lawyers in New Jersey
Attorney Carolina Curbelo practices in all areas of Immigration & Nationality law. She is committed to helping individuals and their families enter, live, and work in the United States legally in search of their own American dream.
She is also committed to helping entrepreneurs and start-ups in starting their businesses here in the United States.
Our immigration services
Carolina, An Experienced Lawyer by Your side
Attorney Carolina T. Curbelo is the daughter of Cuban refugees and grew up hearing stories of her parents and grandparents who fled political persecution in Fidel Castro’s Cuba. With over 10 years of professional experience, Carolina will study your specific situation and provide you with the best options available.
There are many challenges in navigating the US immigration process, as US immigration laws can be confusing, changing and complex.
Avoid making mistakes that cause USCIS to dismiss your case immediately by hiring immigration law professionals today.
Why Do Immigrants Come To The Curbelo Law Firm?
The law firm of Curbelo Law is known for representing hundreds of clients from New Jersey and abroad seeking to resolve a matter related to immigration law. This is because we offer our clients:
- Detailed attention: Carolina will be in charge of analyzing in detail any type of legal documentation submitted. We know that your time is valuable, so the attention will be fast and personalized. The lawyer will take care of all the details of your case, minimizing any type of obstacle and optimizing the results.
- Bilingual professionals in English and Spanish: Count on a team of Latino professionals who speak your language.
- Empathic immigration lawyer: Attorney Curbelo stands out for her compassionate character to handle any type of immigration case. Clients say that she is truly patient, adequately explains complex issues, and provides high-quality guidance. Plus, she’s easy to communicate with, regardless of what kind of topics you’re discussing.
- Strategic advice: We fully understand that even the best applicants can be rejected by USCIS if the cases are not compelling. Carolina uses her exceptional research and writing skills to create compelling applications for all types of clients, whether they are scientists, artists, athletes, professionals, academics, or engineers, among others. Attorney Curbelo has the ability to transform the most technical material possible into one that is easier to understand, increasing the chances of an approval by USCIS.
- Ethical personal service: Some firms treat immigration cases as if it were a product. At Curbelo Law we offer personalized attention to each case. Whether you are in the United States or abroad, Carolina Curbelo is available to consult with you on multiple immigration matters. In addition, it will provide you with a completely honest assessment of the real chances of success that your case has.
In New Jersey Immigration Matters, Detention Is Often Worse Than Deportation
If you have a family member who has been detained or lost their freedom, detention is sometimes worse than deportation. Hundreds of detainees are separated from their families and/or loved ones.
Detainees often spend days, weeks, or even months before their deportation matter moves to the next phase. Additionally, while in custody or detention, they often lead to feelings of hopelessness or despair.
Carolina Curbelo will intervene on behalf of your family member or loved one to provide you with all the critical information you need to know and decide the best course possible to determine your case. She will stand by your side and fight tirelessly to determine your best chances.
New Jersey Immigration FAQs
Immigration law can be a complex legal area for many people. Below, we will answer some of the most common questions our clients ask.
US citizens and permanent residents can apply for some of their immediate family members to immigrate to the US through a family petition.
Not all family relationships are recognized for U.S. immigration purposes. For example, a U.S. citizen may petition for his or her siblings or parents, but may not petition for a grandparent.
When the US government attempts to deport a person, they will be placed in removal proceedings. Removal proceedings are conducted in immigration court before a federal immigration judge.
In most cases, a person can successfully defend himself in immigration court if he has an attorney to represent him. At Curbelo Law we have enough experience to be able to represent you efficiently before the court.
The diversity lottery visa is a limited visa, so it is only available through a “lottery”. This process is issued annually by the US Department of State and is for people from countries where visas are not easily used.
However, a person abroad must be admissible to the US to use these visas.
Getting a job in the US is a great way to enter the country, although employment visas are the most common, there are similar options available. Most of our clients apply for a work certificate, but these are included in work visas. In specific cases they may even qualify for extraordinary ability visas.
If consular processing is not an option for you, you may be able to apply for an immigrant visa through a US consul in your foreign country. At the end of this process, you will be able to travel to the US and be admitted as a lawful permanent resident.
Some people may require a waiver of inadmissibility to enter the US based on consular processing. This can be a complex and daunting period, so our immigration experts will be able to guide you through the process.
If you are not eligible for political asylum, you can apply for withholding of removal or under the Convention Against Torture (CAT). But keep in mind that people who have been granted withholding of removal or under CAT cannot adjust their status to permanent resident status.
When a defendant (the defendant in immigration court) loses their case, they can file an appeal with the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). There are strict time limits for filing appeals, so you should seek the advice of our qualified immigration attorney to do so.
As long as you live and work in the US with a Green Card, you may be able to apply for naturalization, the path to American citizenship. However, you must meet the necessary requirements for it.
To legally move to the US, your fiancé(e) can apply for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa. Once you are married, your spouse will be able to change that status to permanent resident status.
Eventually, over the years, the spouse can seek US citizenship if she wishes. It is a complex process, so she will need the help of specialized immigration lawyers in New Jersey.
Contact New Jersey Immigration Specialists Today
Attorney Carolina can represent you in many immigration matters in the state of New Jersey and will provide you with the most optimal results possible for your case.
Whatever immigration process you need assistance with, let us know, our attorneys and the dedicated New Jersey immigration team at Curbelo Law are ready to help. Time is key in many immigration law matters so don’t hesitate to get in touch today so we can start looking at your case as soon as possible.