To respond to the backlog of humanitarian aid requests in the United States, USCIS has created the new New Humanitarian, Adjustment, Removing Conditions and Travel Documents (HART) Service Center.
HART is expected to promote consistent and dedicated operations to improve the quality and efficiency of processing for humanitarian applications. As a result, this center will bring a positive impact to the most vulnerable immigrants.
In the same way, we urge our clients that before attempting to process any type of US immigration process, they first contact our immigration lawyers in New Jersey. This way, they will avoid making any mistakes in the application.
What Immigration Cases Will The New HART Service Center Focus On?
HART will initially focus on the following immigration cases:
- Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
- Form I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver.
- Form I-730 , Refugee/Asylee Relative Petition.
- Good Faith Determination for Form I-918, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status.
Why Is The New HART Service Center Important?
At Curbelo Law, we hope that HART presents a significant change for our clients, since they could receive fairer decisions in a faster time.
- This is because immigrants who have experienced sexual violence or assault within the US could spend years waiting for an answer. However, HART could offer a faster response time.
- However, the establishment of HART will be associated with 5 hiring phases. Therefore, it is expected to be fully completed by the end of fiscal year 2023.
- Likewise, immigrant advocates consulted by USCIS commented that with adequate dedicated and trained staff, HART could be very beneficial for immigrants.
- An example of the latter involves survivors of abuse. As a result, they may qualify for employment authorization sooner. For many immigrants, this could allow them to move out of their abuser’s home as soon as possible.
Curbelo Law Helping Immigrants In The United States for over 10 years
Curbelo Law’s immigration team continues to monitor all new updates, events, or promulgations issued by the US government in order to assist clients with their immigration scenarios.
The Curbelo Law team is led by attorney Carolina T. Curbelo, who has more than 10 years of experience in all types of immigration procedures in the country.
Therefore, if you are looking for help with any type of immigration process, we recommend that you contact us immediately. You can call, email, or book an appointment with our office, which is located in Ridgewood, New Jersey.