Near the middle of July 2023, USCIS announced that the myProgress service is being extended to Forms I-765 and I-131. That is, to the employment and travel authorization.
The myProgress service offers applicants access to specific estimates on waiting times for the main stages of their case.
It should be noted that these estimates are based on historical patterns of similar cases, so they do not guarantee the speed with which said case is processed.
How Does The Extension Of The MyProgress Service Benefit Immigrants?
Due to this extension, it is expected that:
- With the myProgress tool, applicants with Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, can view their wait time estimate.
- However, for this, it is required that they previously have an account registered with USCIS. Also, these estimates are not a guarantee that USCIS will make that decision on the pending case.
- This myProgress tool is also available to individuals requesting the following forms:
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization,
- Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, or
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.
We recommend all those interested in completing the N-400 form to contact our immigration law firm in New Jersey in advance. This is because many mistakes can occur when completing the N-400 naturalization application.
Other Information About The Estimated Waiting Time
In addition to what was previously mentioned, the myProgress tool will also display the estimated wait times until the case has a decision. Similarly, check the following milestones as they are completed:
- Confirmation that the request was received.
- The appointment for biometric services (if required) has been completed, and
- The decision on the pending case.
This will be to determine if they are eligible for a service inquiry for a case that falls outside of the normal stated processing times.
We emphasize that to verify the waiting time of any immigration application, you must first create an online account with USCIS .
How To Use MyProgress?
Once registered with USCIS, the applicant must log into their respective account and select the “Pending Application” option.
Applicants will be able to see a myProgress tab for their application if:
- They submitted the application electronically, or
- They linked one of the corresponding forms to the online account by means of an access code.
This tab will show the estimated wait time, until the case has a decision, along with the check mark of the milestones.
Contact Curbelo Law Today To Receive The Immigration Help You Need
Requesting and/or processing an immigration process is not easy, in fact, many immigrants are unaware of the correct way to do it without encountering an error.
Therefore, our attorney Carolina T. Curbelo is available to all those who need complete legal advice or representation on these issues.
So that we attend to you as you deserve, call us, send us an E-mail or previously schedule an appointment with our office. Curbelo Law’s office is located in Ridgewood, New Jersey.